A few months ago I received the invitation for my only brother’s wedding in July. Needless to say, this is an incredibly exciting event for several reasons:
- It’s a destination wedding at the beautiful Esperanza Resort in Los Cabos, Mexico
- It’s a four-day extravaganza where I will be surrounded by my family for a joyous event
- I have the added benefit of not only seeing family, but also friends that I have known since childhood
- I get to meet some of the women who are very important to my soon-to-be sister (her bridesmaids other than my own two sisters and myself) – and we’re all staying in one of the ridiculous villas at Esperanza
- MY BROTHER IS GETTING MARRIED!
That alone would make for an incredible trip, and I have been wigging out in anticipation since my brother told me he was going to propose.
But since I live so far away, a four-day extravaganza must be compounded with extravaganza after extravaganza. And so, here is what else I have scheduled:
- An all-out, all-girls weekend in Las Vegas with my girls from California and Seattle the weekend prior to Mexico
- A week in Philadelphia/The Jersey Shore to see my extended family the week after the wedding (those who will not be making it to Mexico), and meet some of my cousins’ newest additions to the family!
No travel plans ever seem very real until the ticket is booked, and I’m happy to report that my round-trip between Sydney and Los Angeles was successfully scheduled as of Friday! Now to rebound from that painful impact to my bank account and find a deal on an LA to Philly flight.
I’m nearly writhing in anticipation for this trip – the more I think about it the more I feel that restless anticipation, that “get up and go” feeling that makes me want to hit the road, even if it’s just the road home for a little while. I’m hoping I can pop in a few local trips here in Australia in between in the upcoming public holiday weekends we have here to cut the excitement and keep me distracted enough to not entirely lose my mind.
Here’s to temporary repatriations, weddings, family, and girl’s weekends!
Til Next Time, xoxoxo!